Recruitment & Selection ... Getting it Right!
There’s no exact science in making sure you select the right person for a job. However there are techniques proven to help make sure you select a person that can do the job and also be a good ‘fit’.
This eLearning course will provide you with great practical tips and techniques that will assist you in making the right choice!
- Interview questions that are (and aren’t) useful
- Why not to have a list of standard questions
- The 1 question to ask that will provide you the best insights
- What you can ask during an interview… and what you can’t!
- Who should be on an interview panel?
- How to assess if a candidate will be the right ‘fit’ for the company
- How to make referee checks accurate and useful
- Members of the board
- Chief Executive Officers
- Managers – Divisional and Departmental
- An understanding of which questions to ask and how to ask them
- Knowledge on how to assess the technical abilities of a candidate
- An understanding of how to assess a likely ‘fit’
- Knowledge on how to get accurate feedback when using the referee ‘system’
If you prefer, we can conduct any of courses specifically for your staff at your premises. This may prove to be cost-effective and, of course, we can tailor our programs to meet the specific requirements of your organisation and participants. You can read more here
Peter Holdsworth is widely acknowledged as one of Australia’s top leadership and management facilitators. With a career leading organisations in the not-for-profit, private, and public sectors, he knows what the challenges are at every level of management and how to meet them.
Underpinning his experience he has post-graduate qualifications in leadership and management, is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and is a Churchill fellow.
His training courses are entertaining and full of ideas, tips and techniques that participants can use immediately.
Choose your city/date & enter attendee details
Very informative, presented excellently. The information was practical and examples were very helpful.”
Enjoyed it very much. Vital for professional development. Enthusiast facilitator, very motivational.”
Annette Cakanorgh, Anglicare