Project Management... The Secrets to Success
Over many decades something very important has been realised by companies; the principles that are utilised to create massive successes in large projects can also create huge success when applied to any project size. Therefore a sound understanding of the techniques and applications of project management are expected by employees.
This one-day course will give participants an understanding of the prinicples of the entire project management process. In addition they will be equipped with essential project management tools and techniques to ensure projects are successfully lead and carried out from start to finish.
- Explanation of Projects, project management, and project managers
- Establish the importance of the PMBOK & PMI
- Establish the 5 process groups & 9 knowledge areas defined by the PMI
- Explain the triple constraint
- Carry-out project needs assessment & write goals, necessities, & deliverables
- Develop important project documents, including a statement of work, project planning worksheet, & project charter
- Develop project schedules by estimating time, costs, & resources
- Comprehend & utilise work breakdown structure
- Form project planning documents including schedule, risk management plan, and communication plan
- Use planning tools, including Gantt chart, network diagram, & RACI chart
- Identify & use baselines
- Oversee & maintain the project
- Execute basic management tasks, including leading progression meetings & ensuring finalisation of all documents at the project’s end
- Anyone wanting to complete a project on time, on budget, and at the agreed quality level
- Anyone who wants to expand their skills to include the fundamentals of project management
- Anyone in a role who finds projects challenging
- Deep understanding of how successful projects are executed
- Deep insights into the importance of planning prior to the start of a project
- How documentation plays an important part in the project cycle
- How to choose the most suited people in a project
If you prefer, we can conduct any of courses specifically for your staff at your premises. This may prove to be cost-effective and, of course, we can tailor our programs to meet the specific requirements of your organisation and participants. You can read more here
For over 17 years, Pat has worked as a national training facilitator, bringing over 30 years of diverse experience, expertise, knowledge and insights. Her studies in psychology, human behaviour and mediation and leadership have underpinned her success, and she is passionate about passing on her knowledge to others.
Her experience has included working with people and teams in the not-for-profit, commercial and public sectors throughout Australia and beyond. Pat is widely acknowledged as a passionate facilitator who always delivers informative, interesting, enjoyable and relatable courses.
Choose your city/date & enter attendee details
“Pat was a really engaging facilitator, providing lots of useful resources & knowledge & allowing for some great opportunities to share ideas as a group.”
Alison, SU QLD
“Very informative, great structure and an excellent facilitator who knows her content.”