Dealing with Difficult Behaviours
A significant cause of stress in the workplace is having to deal with people who demonstrate difficult and challenging behaviours. These individuals can be your clients, colleagues and even your manager. The common instinctive reaction is to avoid or to match the behaviour, neither of these solves the behavioural issues, and both have potential worsen the situation.
Conducted over one day, this course will have you examining your automatic reactions to challenging behaviours and will equip you with the essential skills that will give you confidence to handle these challenging behaviours professionally and will reduce your stress levels.
- How to understand yourself and others
- Communicate more effectively to maintain normality
- Recognise when you are climbing your ladder of inference
- Understand why people display difficult behaviours
- Use Emotional intelligence skills to remain calm in stressful situations
- To act assertively to gain respect from people displaying difficult behaviours
- Know the steps to de-escalate aggressive behaviour
- Recognise conflict and deal with it appropriately
- Anyone in a position that deals with people
- Those wanting to increase and improve their interpersonal skills
- Anyone who finds it tough to deal with difficult people
- Those wanting to learn how to become a more effective leader, manager, or team member
- Comprehend how your own attitudes and actions impact others
- Embrace fresh and effective strategies for managing negative emotions
- Understand coping techniques for dealing with difficult people and difficult situations
- Identify those times when you have the right to walk away from a difficult situation.
- Gain more confidence in dealing with difficult behaviour
If you prefer, we can conduct any of courses specifically for your staff at your premises. This may prove to be cost-effective and, of course, we can tailor our programs to meet the specific requirements of your organisation and participants. You can read more here
For over 17 years, Pat has worked as a national training facilitator, bringing over 30 years of diverse experience, expertise, knowledge and insights. Her studies in psychology, human behaviour and mediation and leadership have underpinned her success, and she is passionate about passing on her knowledge to others.
Her experience has included working with people and teams in the not-for-profit, commercial and public sectors throughout Australia and beyond. Pat is widely acknowledged as a passionate facilitator who always delivers informative, interesting, enjoyable and relatable courses.
Choose your city/date & enter attendee details
“Pat is very experienced on this topic. the course was very engaging and it was a very concise delivery.”
“Well-paced, clear examples and explanations. Pat is very professional and provided great guidance.”