Conflict Management and Difficult Behaviours
We all know how damaging unresolved workplace conflict between individuals and groups can be.
Similarly, allowing one or more team members to exhibit challenging or unacceptable behaviour will reduce morale, productivity and weaken team culture.
Leaving these problems unchecked isn’t an option!
Fortunately, this one-day course will provide you with insights into why conflict and unacceptable behaviour occurs. Just as importantly, you will be provided with a ‘toolkit’ of practical ideas, tips and techniques that will help you resolve the problem quickly and effectively.
- The causes of workplace conflict
- Managing conflict between individuals or groups
- Managing conflict between you and another
- How to identify your conflict management ‘style’
- Practical and proven resolution techniques
- Understanding why people display ‘challenging’ behaviours
- How to manage their emotions … and yours
- How to set behavioural standards and expectations
- How emotional intelligence techniques will help
- Proven techniques to help you manage unacceptable behaviour
- Senior executives
- Team leaders
- Human resources managers
- Board or committee members
- Anyone who wants these problems resolved
- A clear understanding of the nature and causes of workplace conflict and difficult behaviours
- A deep insight into your conflict management style and how to adjust it
- Practical skills in managing and resolving conflict and difficult behaviours
- The acquisition of advantageous leadership skills
- Use coping strategies for dealing with difficult people and situations
If you prefer, we can conduct any of courses specifically for your staff at your premises. This may prove to be cost-effective and, of course, we can tailor our programs to meet the specific requirements of your organisation and participants. You can read more here
Christine Wilson has been working in the area of adult learning and development for over 20 years. She has worked across the community, university, government, private sectors; and with audiences spanning frontline staff to executive leadership teams. She has a deep passion for enabling thriving workplaces by providing people with a better understanding of their strengths and current limitations.
Her workshops are highly interactive and help people break through obstacles for superior professional performance. Chris has a Bachelor of Education and accreditation in MBTI, Genos Emotional Intelligence Inventory and Human Synergistics Life Styles Inventory.
For over 17 years, Pat has worked as a national training facilitator bringing over 30 years of diverse experience, expertise, knowledge, and insights. Her studies in psychology, human behaviour, mediation, and leadership have underpinned her success. She is passionate about passing on her knowledge to others.
Her experience has included working with people and teams in the not-for-profit, commercial and public sectors throughout Australia and beyond. Pat is widely acknowledged as a passionate facilitator who always delivers informative, interesting, enjoyable, and relatable courses.
Wendy is an experienced coach and facilitator, helping teams and individuals to deal with differences and conflicts that occur both in the workplace and in their personal lives. Wendy is well-known for her engaging workshops that include useful strategies for creating positive outcomes with both stakeholders (internal or external) and personal relationships.
Wendy provides practical tools and skills which help to influence assertiveness positively, listening, expectation management, negotiating, and co-operating, which lead to beneficial outcomes. Wendy’s impressive accreditation allows her to assist people and teams with communicating, influencing, conflict, and leadership styles.
Choose your city/date & enter attendee details
“Fantastic! Really helpful … introduced me to new concepts that I have not heard of before. I think it will be helpful in helping me plan my next conflict situation.”
Kirsten Gault, Genea
“Well structured program with good interactive segments… a good facilitator, getting us thinking.”
Daniel Kim, Redback Connect